FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on youth.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Student and Staff Interviews on Curriculum Development in Higher Education 2009 and 2012
- Enhancing Leisure Time Activities: Interview Notes and Observation Diaries 2013-2017
- Young People in the Limelight: Photography Workshop in a Youth Cafe 2015
- Young People in the Limelight: Theatre Workshop 2016
- Finnish Self-Report Delinquency Study 2016
- Finnish University Graduates of Year 2009: Career and Employment Survey 2014
- Citizen Deliberation on the Swedish Language and Swedish-speaking Minority in Finland: Control …
- Citizen Deliberation on the Swedish Language and Swedish-speaking Minority in Finland: Recruitment …
- Citizen Deliberation on the Swedish Language and Swedish-speaking Minority in Finland: …
- School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Upper Secondary Institutions
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
FSD3074 Vocational School Student Survey 2015
The survey charted the experiences of young people studying in Finnish vocational institutions.
FSD2846 Youth Leisure Survey 2013
The study investigated the leisure time activities of Finnish children and young people aged from seven to 29.
FSD2821 Young People's Views on Development Cooperation 2012
The survey studied the views of young Finnish people on development cooperation and their interest towards it.
FSD2251 Youth Gambling Survey 2006
The study examined the gambling habits of Finnish youth aged 12-17.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on youth should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA. The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.