The Finnish Social Science Data Archive archives and disseminates quantitative and qualitative research data in digital format.
Browse Datasets grouped by type
FSD's online data service Aila facilitates access to data. Registered users can download data online, according to the conditions set for each dataset.
Study descriptions can be browsed and sorted by title, topic, keyword or series. Browsing our data catalogue is possible even without registration.
Recent Data Releases
- Survey on Attitudes Towards Swedish Language and Swedish-Speaking Finns 2017
- Professional Identity and Religious Beliefs of Children's Instructor Students 2016
- Professional Identity and Religious Beliefs of Children's Instructor Students 2017
- Professional Identity and Religious Beliefs of Children's Instructor Students 2014
- That's So '80s! Writing Competition 2015
- Volunteering in Finland 2018
- Financial Awareness of Finnish People 2014
- Identity Horizons of Finnish Higher Education Students 2015
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
Data Service Portal Aila
Aila provides access to data archived at the Finnish Social Science Data Archive, free of charge.
There are roughly 1,400 datasets on Aila and over a thousand of them are quantitative. There are currently about 3,200 registered Aila users and they include users from all Finnish universities and polytechnics as well as some institutions abroad. Roughly ten percent of all Aila users are from outside Finland.
Conditions of use apply to most datasets on Aila and downloading them requires registration. There are some 80 datasets on Aila that are freely available to all users without registration.
Data by Theme
The data by theme pages contain information on data series and datasets on a variety of themes, such as environment and energy, crime, equality and impartiality, Finnish elections, and health.
The listed datasets mainly comprise survey data charting attitudes and opinions.Explore Data by Theme
A great deal of international comparative datasets and individual datasets collected from different countries in various research programmes are available on their respective websites. This list contains links to the websites of some notable surveys, research programmes and data centres.