- Blog entry: Translation and International Use of Research data
- Blog entry: Being trustworthy and FAIR requires people, processes, technologies and collaboration
- The new CESSDA website focuses on users, tools and services
- Blog entry: New user-friendly website for FSD
- New FSD website published
- Mari Kleemola to join international CoreTrustSeal Board
- More news
- Student and Staff Interviews on Curriculum Development in Higher Education 2009 and 2012
- Tampere Praksis: Child Foster Care and Children's Close Networks 2016
- Enhancing Leisure Time Activities: Interview Notes and Observation Diaries 2013-2017
- Young People in the Limelight: Photography Workshop in a Youth Cafe 2015
- Young People in the Limelight: Theatre Workshop 2016
- Church Resignation Forms Filed in Finland: Reasons for Resigning 2010-2017
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
A closer look at FSD services
FSD’s basic operations include archiving and dissemination of research data for reuse, but we also offer several other types of services for researchers, students and everyone else interested in issues regarding research data.
The Aila Data Service provides access to data archived at FSD, in accordance with the conditions set for each dataset. On Aila, there are nearly 1,300 datasets, roughly 200 of which are qualitative. Registered Aila users include students, teachers and researchers from all Finnish universities and polytechnics.
CESSDA is a pan-European research infrastructure consisting of data archives across Europe. CESSDA provides the international scientific community training and data services free of charge. Finland is a member of and FSD is a national service provider for CESSDA.
The online guidelines written by FSD’s experts contain practical instructions on managing digital research data in all stages of the data lifecycle. In the guidelines you will find, among others, detailed advice on preparing a data management plan.
Democracy indicators monitor the state and development of Finnish democracy. They are based on high quality survey data and registers, especially on election studies in connection with parliamentary elections. FSD publishes the indicators as part of the Finnish Election Study Portal. For the time being, democracy indicators are only available in Finnish.
The FNESdata Longitudinal Survey Metadata Portal allows users to examine the variables in the combined data of four Finnish National Election Studies (2013–2015). The portal has a basket where users can save the variables they need.
Our user services will be glad to help you with any questions relating to research data. Need help with planning data collection, managing your data or long-term preservation? Cannot find suitable data for your research? Contact us and we will help.
Research methods web resource (MOTV in Finnish) is an environment for teaching and learning quantitative and qualitative research methods of the social and behavioural sciences. FSD is in charge of planning, maintaining and developing the project. QuantiMOTV is a web resource for quantitative and QualiMOTV for qualitative methods. MOTV is only available in Finnish.
Pohtiva is the Finnish Party Agenda Database containing current and past agendas of Finnish political parties as well as other significant political documents. Pohtiva is only available in Finnish.
Tietomilli is an online service created by FSD that allows comparisons and basic analyses of select Finnish opinion survey data. Analyses can be easily performed without statistical software skills. Tietomilli is well-suited, for example, for teaching purposes in comprehensive schools. Tietomilli is only available in Finnish.