- Data Management Guidelines chapter on anonymisation and personal data updated
- Summer 2019 opening hours
- Updates to FSD's email addresses
- EDDI19 – 11th Annual European DDI User Conference
- Aila Data Service unavailable from 8:00 Thursday 25 April, 2019
- Blog entry: FSD's multilingual and qualitative data expertise brings in international visitors
- More news
- Well-Being of Economics and Computer Science Students 2017-2018
- Register Data on Vacancies Notified to Public Employment Service 2018
- Young People in the Limelight: Creative Writing Workshop 2015
- Young People in the Limelight: Photography Workshop for Underage Asylum Seekers 2015-2016
- Significance of Gender in Basic Education 2018
- Gender Equality Barometer 2017
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
A closer look at FSD services
FSD’s basic operations include archiving and dissemination of research data for reuse, but we also offer several other types of services for researchers, students and everyone else interested in issues regarding research data.
The Aila Data Service provides access to data archived at FSD, in accordance with the conditions set for each dataset. On Aila, there are nearly 1,300 datasets, roughly 200 of which are qualitative. Registered Aila users include students, teachers and researchers from all Finnish universities and polytechnics.
CESSDA is a pan-European research infrastructure consisting of data archives across Europe. CESSDA provides training and data services free of charge. Finland is a member of and FSD is a national service provider for CESSDA. The CESSDA Data Catalogue contains metadata of all data in the holdings of CESSDA’s service providers.
The online guidelines written by FSD’s experts contain practical instructions on managing digital research data in all stages of the data lifecycle. In the guidelines you will find, among others, detailed advice on preparing a data management plan.
Democracy indicators monitor the state and development of Finnish democracy. They are based on high quality survey data and registers, especially on election studies in connection with parliamentary elections. FSD publishes the indicators as part of the Finnish Election Study Portal. For the time being, democracy indicators are only available in Finnish.
The FNESdata Longitudinal Survey Metadata Portal allows users to examine the variables in the combined data of four Finnish National Election Studies (2013–2015). The portal has a basket where users can save the variables they need.
Our user services will be glad to help you with any questions relating to research data. Need help with planning data collection, managing your data or long-term preservation? Cannot find suitable data for your research? Contact us and we will help.
Research methods web resource (MOTV in Finnish) is an environment for teaching and learning quantitative and qualitative research methods of the social and behavioural sciences. FSD is in charge of planning, maintaining and developing the project. QuantiMOTV is a web resource for quantitative and QualiMOTV for qualitative methods. MOTV is only available in Finnish.
Penna is a data collection tool created to facilitate collection and streamlined archiving of qualitative textual data. It handles the technical implementation of data collection as well as the participants’ archiving permissions. Penna’s user interface is available only in Finnish, but data collection is possible in English as well.
Pohtiva is the Finnish Party Agenda Database containing current and past agendas of Finnish political parties as well as other significant political documents. Pohtiva is only available in Finnish.