FSD holdings contain a number of data series and individual datasets suitable for research on health.
There are also many datasets that contain individual questions and variables which are potentially useful to researchers of the subject. The data archived at the FSD can be downloaded free of charge from Aila Data Service, according to the conditions set for each dataset. Please note that below is listed only a sample of all data available at the Archive and we encourage you to search more datasets on the subject on Aila.
Questions and variables of quantitative datasets that have been fielded in English or translated at the FSD can be explored by browsing their codebooks or through Aila variable search. If a quantitative dataset has not yet been translated, you can request a translation free of charge. Qualitative data are only available in their original language. Where applicable, the codebook and other related material are freely accessible on the study description page of each dataset.
Recent Data Releases
- Sociobarometer 2016
- Strategic Management of Occupational Healthcare and Workplace Well-Being in Municipal Organisations: …
- Finnish Experiences of Indoor Air Quality Problems 2014
- Interviews of Male Metalworkers after Job Loss at Rauma Shipyard 2016
- School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Primary School, Grades 4-6
- School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Upper Secondary Institutions
- School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Personnel
- School Well-being Profile 2017-2018: Lower Secondary School, Grades 7-9
- Secondary Use of Health and Social Care Data 2016
- Gambling Harm Survey 2016
- More data on Aila Data Service
- Quantitative study
- Qualitative study
FSD2587 Finnish Drinking Habits Survey 2008
The study charted alcohol consumption and illegal drug use in Finland, type and volume of alcohol consumption, its consequences and general attitudes towards alcohol.
FSD2418 Reproductive Health in St. Petersburg: Women 2004
The survey charted, among others, dating and sexual behaviour, pregnancy and children, and health and use of health services.
Data in these series also include questions on the theme.
People interested in finding data on health should also take a look at data available at other data archives around the world.
In Finland, the Language Bank of Finland also provides services to researchers and archives audio and video material. Services of various European social science data archives can be accessed through the website of CESSDA. The UK Data Service has, among other things, a wide variety of excellent qualitative data. Another good source of data is the German GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences. The extensive holdings of the American ICPSR are also well worth searching.